Thursday, October 22, 2015

Something That Annoys Me About Game Distribution...

I've been gaming since I was about 5 years old, playing Barbarian & Flimbo's Quest on the C64.  And for years I have bought my games at a video game store. It has only been in the past 5 years that I began to import games, and it is only in the past 12 months that I have used digital distribution.
I was on a Portal 2 thread this morning on GAF when I came across this post. Yeah I know, if this is true, WTF Gamestop?
I know that every gamer out there has their own personal horror story with Gamestop, and their stupid pre-order system, but I think this is one step too far. Are Gamestop that afraid of VALVe that they won't promote their digital platform or a PS3 game in case in the slightest of chances that the people will continue to just use Steam for their games? I know that some will, it's only natural.
Sorry for this small rant...

No comments:

Post a Comment